We’re looking for an ace wordsmith and skilled storyteller to help our team build passionate brands for passionate people. As full time Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer, you will support the Branding Team and Marketing Team in the management of client expectations and deliverables. The Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer will contribute their talent to our award-winning team and deliver branded assets and materials on-time, on-budget, and on-brand.
The Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer will assist with various functions on the creative team and provide support to our creative department, with a strong focus on creating and shaping branded assets, content and marketing communications messaging for a variety of client accounts. This position will work across projects and teams and may include writing and shaping headlines and content for print and outdoor advertisements, press releases and website and video scripting.
This position will be a member of the creative team and report to the VP of Brand Transformation. The Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer will work in coordination and collaboration with Account Managers to ensure delivery of creatively crafted content as per the established strategies.
- Words – a dictionary and a thesaurus are trusted resources in your arsenal of tools.
- A cleverly written headline, print ad, billboard or television ad.
- An emotionally charged and compelling speech, or well-articulated and inspiring quotes.
- Analyzing word choice and picking out the nuanced details between word selection.
- A storyteller at heart, capable of shifting between a variety of writing styles: technical, academic, informative, emotional, creative, journalistic and business.
- An archaeologist. You dig into the details to uncover and craft authentic and compelling stories that resonate with audiences.
- A creative wordsmith who enjoys the challenges of finding the right combination of words and phrases to create meaning.
- A role-player capable of adjusting voice and tone to match a brand’s personality: serious, humorous, informative, inspiring.
- An excellent written communicator – you understand prose, poetry and rhetorical devices to deliver compelling and engaging content.
- Comfortable interviewing people to get to the bottom of a story.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires eagle-eye focus and extreme attention to detail.
- A highly-motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- A critical thinker who enjoys writing content that engages, excites, entertains and informs.
- A good listener and willing to take direction.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Creative Writing or related field. Consideration will be given to candidates who have over 5 years of industry experience in a similar role if they do not have a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years in a copywriting position at an agency, or corporate environment.
- Stellar problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications and storylines.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency.
- An out-going, friendly, can-do attitude that thrives in a collaborative team environment. We’re looking for a “people person” who values the strength of building lasting, meaningful relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent grammar, spelling skills and proofreading skills.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as-needed:
The Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer is responsible for ideation, creative concept development, and weaving all components of a client’s story from start to finish, through a variety of mediums and channels.
Technical, Business, Journalistic & Short-Format Content
- Incorporating SEO keywords into web content.
- Writing page meta tags and image caption descriptions for websites (web accessibility)
- Crafting headlines and body copy for billboard and print ads.
- Writing biographies
- Writing engaging and shareable social media content
- Editing for grammar, context and logic
- Writing informative, how-to, and FAQ content for web and print collateral
- Crafting radio, video and tv scripts
- Writing news-worthy press releases
- Writing advertorials or editorial stories
Narrative & Long-Format Content
- Writing complete website and landing page content
- Writing brochure content
- Long-format blog and online articles
Other responsibilities may include:
- Drafting content outlines to meet the objectives of the creative brief and project needs.
- Drafting questions to be asked of clients to further define content needs or for video interviews.
- Adjusting and adapting brand voice and tone to support the needs of the communication and client objectives.
- Content strategy and wireframing for a variety of projects: web, landing page, brochure.
Not Required, but Definitely a Plus:
- Creative, advertising writing experience
- Experience writing for websites
- Interviewing experience
- Experience with WordPress website management (uploading content, images or new pages).
- Experience working at an agency, or on multiple projects at once.
- SEO and SEM
- A working knowledge and understanding of various writing styles: AP, APA, Chicago and MLA
- Understanding of UX/UI Design principles
- Knowledge of Human Centered Design principles
Salary and Benefits
idgroup is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- 401 Matching Plan
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off, plus Holidays
- Profit Sharing & Yearly Bonus (based on individual and corporate performance)
- Gym Membership
- Annual Retreat
- Tuition Assistance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Continuous Learning and Educational Stipend (workshops, seminars)
Apply by submitting your cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT WITH US