We are passionate about two things—building strong brand reputations and teaching others how to be successful. Feel your passions are in line with who we are and what we do? Apply below:
Don’t see your position? We’re always on the look out for the best creative thinkers and doers. If you don’t see a position that applies to your expertise, feel free to send us your resume and a link to your online portfolio. PDF Portfolios are not accepted.
We are an award-winning branding firm based in Pensacola, Florida and specialize in helping organizations achieve brand awareness and customer loyalty through innovative, compelling, and visually arresting creative and customer experience campaigns. We don’t just build brands. We build brand reputations.
Position: Freelance Production Artist / Jr. Graphic Designer / Production Designer Assistant / Production Assistant
Description: The Freelance Production Artist / Jr. Graphic Designer will assist with various functions on the creative team and provide support to our creative department. This is NOT a graphic design position per se, though there will be some design work from time to time, so you must also have design experience and eye. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates.
This is a contractual position. This position will report to the Creative Director and Project Manager, and in some instances, Sr. Graphic Designer.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as-needed:
• Work with Sr. Graphic Designer and Creative Director to execute creative materials for displays, publications, marketing collateral, websites, signage and more.
• Pre-flighting artwork
• Scaling and putting artwork on grids
• Color correcting art work as and when required
• Edit pieces using existing layouts
• Laying out and designing artwork as and when required
• Assisting Sr. Graphic Designer as and when required
• Assist with layouts of material according to instructions of managers/designers
• Assist in final production art and samples
• Assisting of updating websites via content management system
• Print linesheets, mockups and marketing materials as needed for presentations
• Create and produce JPEGs, PDFs, graphs, charts, thumbnail images, and other design elements for presentations
• Support Art Department Manager, Web Manager, Project Manager and Creative Director as needed
• Bind and mount marketing tools (e.g. booklets, brochures, posters, boards, etc.)
• Execute initial layouts, including illustrations, photographs to facilitate production of final product.
• May assist with development of brand standards guides for printing and other production
• May assist with report layout and production
• Use established brand guidelines to ensure visual brand consistency on all assignments
• Provide technical graphics assistance to internal teams
Education & Experience:
• Minimum Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Arts, Fine Arts or related field preferred.
• 1-2 years’ experience doing print production or in related experience and/or training preferred.
• Willing to entertain candidates with limited experience, but impressive portfolios.
Skills & Abilities:
• Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign (Creative Cloud Preferred)
• Knowledge of current print production industry methods, workflows and processes
• Possess a reasonable level of technical artistic background and creativity
• Proficient in RGB, CMYK, and spot color space
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Knowledge of working in large format files and transporting those files
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent grammar, spelling skills and proofreading skills, extreme attention to detail
• Quick learner and willing to take explicit direction
• Good time management
• Dependable and punctual
• Able to multi-task and work under pressure
• Problem solver
• Strong eye for design, layout and typography and current design trends
Other Pay: Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Contractor
Job Type: Design
Education: 2 Year Degree
Experience: 1-2 years
Manages Other: No
Required Travel: No